This post answers the question on what is information should you be tracking on your wedding guest list. Here are some of the items you will need to track in a spread sheet program.
1. First & Last Name. Keep these in separate columns so that this way you will have an alphabetized list that you can give to your planner, hotel personnel or if the venue requires a list of the guests for security, you have it! It is also good to have to give your stationery an alphabetized list to do your place cards/escort cards so they can be easily placed on the day of the wedding.
2. You will want to keep track of their mailing addresses so you can easily send out the invitations.
3. Columns denoting if they are coming to the wedding or declining the invite.
4. If you are serving a plated dinner, what choice of entree will they be having. Keeping these choices in separate columns, ie, Chicken, Fish, Beef, Vegetarian, and denoting for each guest or couple what entree and how many of them they will have. This will be an easy way to total how many of each item so you have a count!
5. Finally, what table will they be sitting at so you can easily create a list that denotes the guest list by table number and entree selection which is something most hotels and caterers will want!
Thanks for reading and watching along!! Until next time!